blank
blank

Compassion

Friday, April 22, 2011

Get Real with God ~ Comfort in the Word

Get_Real_with_God

During February we finished reading Amon’s Adventures. What a great book! Can I just say that the author did an amazing job on not being graphic with the details of Jesus death but instead focusing on who Jesus was and the awesomeness of His Resurrection! I really held it together pretty good through out the book. Granted, I did tear up most days reading it out loud, but I was able to get through it and still read with some semblance of a voice.

Capture

The very final chapter in the book speaks about Jesus Resurrection, about His reappearance to his disciples and others and to his Glorious Assent into heaven. Herein lies my favorite scripture.

“…and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20b

Jesus says this after giving the Great Commission. It’s such a simple thing to say, but it touches a place so deep within me. This little scripture brings me gallons of comfort. I often deal with feeling lonely, always have. Probably a result of being alone so much as a child (latch-key) but also because I’ve often felt alienated throughout my life with the choices I’ve made. Choices that often brought me closer to the Lord, but further from people around me.

Seriously, I can’t read that scripture without tearing up. I’m so thankful to God for sending Jesus, and sending Him in a way that makes it easy for him to understand our sinful, selfish flesh, to understand the struggles and the loneliness and for Him to address that loneliness in His final farewell brings to me to a place of gratitude and humility every single time.

“Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord.” James 5:7

Find Peace in His Resurrection! Find Joy in your Salvation! Find Comfort in the Word!

1 comment:

ncatlett1 said...

Hi, I found your blog through happenstance and am so thankful for it! I am in the process of teaching my toddler some basic letter recognition and love your ABC's section. I am excited to look into the 123's, too! I looked at your other sections and found the Get Real with God and was THRILLED!! I have to say that after reading a few I stopped with this one...as a challenge to something you wrote, and no disrespect, I am no Theologan by any means, just was thinking...do you think God put Jesus here on Earth to understand what we feel and how we feel because it "makes it easy for him to understand our sinful, selfish flesh, to understand the struggles and the loneliness" or do you think that maybe its more so we understand that He already understands and that He came to flesh so we know that He is with us...just wondering...what do you think?